Being that I am not too computer savvy I did not know what a webquest was until it was presented last week. There many important concepts that I learned about webquests through this presentation. Not only are webquests a branch of a curriculum web but it can contain many useful activities I could implement in my classroom.
A webquest must have the following 7 steps. It must start with an introduction. This sets up the problem and contains an essential question. Next it must have a task. This is what is going to be done. Then it must follow with a process. This is a step by step guide that breaks up the task into smaller sections. Next it must have an evaluation. This is a rubric for grading of the assignment and what is being looked for specifically. Then is must also have credits which are copyrights and acknowledgements of other sites you have used. Next it must have a conclusion to sum up the assignment. Finally it must have a teaching guide which are resource and information for fellow teachers to use.
I find webquests to be very usefull as a teacher. You can really use this to implement the steps of Blooms Taxonomy. Each task could have a process that builds up on higher leanring questions as well as each task could graduately build up as well. In your tasks or processes you can include activities that could use many types on intelligences. The computer is a great way of finding multiple ways to teach a concept. The webquests can keep the studetns engaged and eager to move on to the next activity. If the student is engage more learning is being done. This is definetly something I would like to try to implement in my classroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment