Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Learners Activity

When planning my learners activity there was a lot that I was trying to think of. I was trying to think of ways to keep my students engaged as well as follow the state standards. I also want my students to progress with thier thinking on the topic and be able to relate other math topics to the activity they are doing. I also want my activity to incorporate writing, graphing, and answering questions.

As I created my learners activity I really thought of Bloom's Taxonomy. I created the activity with multiple parts. As they moved to the next part the level of thinking progressed. If they got a section wrong I wanted to give hints (not answers) to guide them in the right direction. I tried to make the activities fun so that they would like doing them. I also incorporated a writing section in each activity. I think that it is important that the students understand how to write and be able to explain what they are doing.

I hope that my learners activity isn't too hard to create. I was really excited while coming up with ideas for different activities and think that they can be very helpful with the levels of student thinking. I think these activities can help students on multiple levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment