There are many things you have to look at while creating a website. One is who your audience is. You have to make sure you really know the type of people who will be on your website. That means you must make it something age appropriate and something that will engage your students. Also you should know your students level. I teach a ctt class so I want to make the wording on my website easy for them to read.
You must also pick a theme. For my website I picked a graphing theme. I think this theme has many levels to it and can also use graphics which would be engaging. It also is aligned with the state standards.
Next you must decide sections. For my website theme there are many different types of graphs. That is how i will divide it up into sections. I think sections are important because it divides up the work to make it look spread out. Also it keeps the website more organized and easy for the students to follow.
Finally you need to design a look. You want to make it user friendly for your students. More graphics might draw them in. Less words will also be more inviting. I personally dont like reading a website with a lot of words on it and neither do my students.
Well these are the stpes for making an effective website. Hope this helps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment