Although its very complicated, it is very good to know about the copyright laws. For me as a teacher I never really knew if information I found on the web was fair for me to use. Eventhough I didn't know if I could use it, I did anyway. Now at least I have a little bit more knowledge so I know what I am allowed to use ans what I am not.
Lucky for me, there is something called "fair use" which allows me to use copywritten material for educational use. From what I can gather there are certain time frames and amounts of material that I can use that I must abide by. I also learned that California has some crazy rules for "fair use" and copywritten material. I still don't know everything about copywritten vs fair use, but at least now I have a little more knowlegde.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment